Thursday 7 April 2011

Cell Animation

For our cell animation workshop, we got together in pairs to create an animation using characters we had designed. I sketched out a few character ideas from my Mexican theme before chosing to use the cactus.


We had to create a story with a start, middle and end, where our two characters interacted. Our story involved the cactus dancing at the beginning, then getting angry as the scorpion comes over to him, then him squashing the scorpion.

I am pleased with how this turned out and I think the animation flows well. You can see the emotions in the characters. I sped up the ending where the cactus is squashing the scorpion to make it more realistic.


It took us 2 hours to draw out the 36 frames we needed so it is clear that it will take a LOT of time to create a whole animation this way. However, I really like the way it turned out and I think that I would like to try to include a small amount of cell animation in my final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment