Tuesday 8 March 2011

Helen Mussell White

For my poster, I want to keep with the nature theme that I used for the 3D model.


A paper artist I have found who creates a lot of pieces based on nature is Helen Mussell White. I find her work very appealing and I like the way she has layered the paper to give a 3D effect.


 She mixes simple cut out forms of animals with much more intricate and detailed ones of the plant life around them. In my favourite pieces of her work she uses bold colours to create visually appealing and eye catching designs.


Unlike the other artists I have looked at previously, she cuts out complete shapes to create a whole picture rather than using lots of folds to create a single object. However the way she places them on the page still makes them feel 3D.

For my poster I also want to use bold block colours that appeal to me in some of her designs. I think the use of colour helps to contrast the designs with the background and will make the design stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment