Friday 25 March 2011

Print to Pixel

For the Print to Pixel Project I will be making a 20-30 second film based around a piece of music. I haven't really done much animation before but I really love animated films so I'm looking forward to learning the new techniques.
Here are some clips from my favourite animated films:
 
 
From the film "Howl's Moving Castle" by Hayao Miyazaki which was completely hand drawn. I think the beautiful drawings in all Miyazaki films are breath taking and so detailed I can understand why his films can take years to create.

 
 From the short film "Flat World". The film was shot using a combination of cardboard cut-outs and traditional cell animation. I think the lighting in this film is very clever and atmospheric.

 
Short digital animation, "The Piano". This has quite simple images but fits with the music perfectly making for a very emotional piece. The characters move in time to the music, either from actually playing the piano or from their actions. There is also a different animation in each section of the music.

 
From the film "Coraline" by Tim Burton which uses stop motion. I really like Tim Burton's films because he uses really unusal and interesting characters and stories.

 
 Animation from the film "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" used to illustrate a story. I think the silhouettes are very effective and reminisant of Tim Burton's techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment