Monday 7 March 2011

Task 1 - 3D Scupture

Here is my final 3D piece I created for Task 1.

 
It is created of 6 pieces that look like this:

The cuts in the paper are 1cm wide and the paper used is a normal A4 piece.

I sewed the pieces together in a cicle to create a flowerlike shape. Originally, I had wanted to keep a gap in the middle of the sculpture but they did not stay together as well as I had hoped. To add extra support to it, I added 3 pieces of card in the centres of both sides of the sculpture, then added a circle over them to hide them.

Using a pencil, I curled the ends of the outside layer of each section.


I am mostly pleased with my final piece. I wanted it to represent a natural, organic form which I think it does.  I am disappointed in having the centre blocked with a paper circle. Maybe if I had used stronger paper or card I would have succeeded in sticking the sections together without the need for extra support. I am sure I would have been happier with the outcome if I had managed this.

No comments:

Post a Comment