Saturday 12 March 2011

Task 2 - Creating the Poster

For my poster, I am going to create a tree using a similar 3D sculpture to that I made in Task 1 as the main, green part of the tree. I want to use paper detail similar to that of artist Yulia Brodskaya for the "100" text and the tree trunk.


I began by creating the main part of the tree in a bright green that I feel will really stand out.

  

I created several A4 sheets and stuck them together to create a much larger and rounder sculpture than I had in task 1. This larger sculpture is much more similar to the shape of a tree.

 

I then created the "100" text using white paper on a dark green background. I have added spiral details into the centre.

 

Next I made the trunk using brown paper on white. I found this quite tricky to do as it was hard to make the small pieces of paper stick and it is very delicate, but I am pleased with the outcome. I also added a flat piece of green paper to represent grass and make the tree seem part of a scene rather than an object on its own.


I then placed these together on a piece of paper. I balanced the "100" on the top of the sculpture and placed the tree trunk underneath. I think the fact that the "100" is much higher up when I photograph it, will make it stand out and this is the first thing the viewers eye will be drawn to.


From a different angle:



No comments:

Post a Comment