Saturday 5 March 2011

Task 1 ideas

I have decided to use the skills from workshop 2 for my 3D sculpture.


I have experimented with various ways of putting the paper together, such as making the base of it tighter, changing the size of the cuts in the paper and changing the size of the paper.

This uses 1cm strips of paper with a fairly wide base. I think it looks a lot like a flower and I really like this method.

 This is the same method but with the edges curled with a pencil. I think this makes it look like an opening flower and makes it more interesting.

 
With this I have mixed an A4 piece of paper and an A5 piece in the middle. I think this helps to give the impression of the centre of a flower with the petals around it. I think that this could be enhanced by using different colours for the centre and outside.

With this, I cut all the way through the paper instead of folding it over like I did with the rest. I also cut the paper very finely to get a lot more strips of paper. It looks much more messy than the others. It reminds me of fireworks.

The way the fireworks curve at the ends is very similar to the paper. I was able to create this by curling the paper around a pencil.

  
This is created in the same way as the first picture, except the strips of paper are half the size. As I want to create a fairly big sculpture I think that using bigger strips will be a better idea as smaller ones might make it seem a bit busy.
 
 I made this by crumpling each of the strips of paper. This reminds me a lot of an anemone as the creases in the paper make it look like it is swaying under the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment